Oaks North Addison – Addison, Texas

Oaks North is a secluded enclave of homes situated among stately oak trees in the heart of the North Dallas corridor. Walk to nearby restaurants, shopping, and movie theaters. Just a minute from the Dallas North Tollway, twenty minutes to DFW, Love Field, and Downtown Dallas.

Oaks North Addison (“Oaks North”), an addition to the Town of Addison, was platted on January 15, 1979, by developer Montfort Corporation.

The construction period for Oaks North spanned approximately 25 years (1979 – 2004).  All of the houses are “zero” lot line homes and all are of a “traditional” architectural style.

Oaks North features limited access and generous well-landscaped common areas.  The common areas are lighted year-round and both lights and landscaping are maintained by the Town of Addison.

Oaks North Homeowner’s Association, Inc. is a non-profit corporation originally incorporated on September 17, 1984.  Each owner of the 118 homes is required to be a Member of the Oaks North Homeowner’s Association.  The affairs of the Association are conducted by its Board of Directors.  Directors are elected by the Members at the Annual Meeting.  Annual dues are payable by April 30th each year.

The area was first settled by Peters Colony residents in the 1840s.  The first prominent settlers in the area were Preston and Pleasant Witt, who settled on White Rock Creek and, in 1849, built an ox-powered gristmill.  In 1888 W.W. Julian, W.E. Horten, and S.S. Noell donated right-of-way to St. Louis, Arkansas, and Texas Railway in exchange for a coaling station, later known as Noell Junction.

In 1902 Noell Junction became the site of a depot on the St. Louis Southwestern, which built a spur to Dallas in 1903.  Until 1917 residents of the area rode into Dallas on the “Plug,” a small Cottonbelt train consisting of an engine, a coal tender, and a passenger car.  In 1904 a post office opened at the junction, but since a community named Noell already existed in Texas, the office was named after Addison Robertson, the first postmaster.

By 1914 Addison had a population of 75, three grocers, a dry-goods store, and the Addison State Bank.  By 1926 the population had shrunk to 40 and the bank had failed.  Addison was incorporated in 1953 in an effort to avoid annexation by Dallas.  By the mid-1950s the population was 600 with eight businesses.  In 1956 the Addison Airport was built.

By 1970 Addison had a population of 595 and 80 businesses.  Four years later the 189 businesses included manufacturers of plastics, rubber, metal, and pharmaceutical products.  Unlike the majority of the communities in Dallas County, Addison residents voted to legalize alcoholic beverages in 1976 to attract restaurants and hotels.  In addition, a property-tax rate that was only one-sixth that of Dallas proved to be an attraction.  By 1980 the town had 5,553 residents; ten years later, by 1990, it had a population of 8,783 and 251 businesses.

By 2000 the town’s residents grew to 14,166 with 1,982 businesses.  Area office buildings and restaurants served a daily population of 50,000.  From 1986 to 1991 the number of restaurants grew from 49 to 118 and the number of hotels from five to nine.

In 1991 Addison supported three banks, three malls, one daily and one weekly newspaper, and a Baptist church.  In 2016 the population was 13,056, with a median age of 32, with 50% each male/female.  In 2017 Addison boasts 182 restaurants and opened its 23rd hotel.

Oaks North Addison envisions a community of neighbors working together in a private, voluntary association to achieve a higher quality of life and increase property values. They envision a neighborhood that is considered by residents and non-residents alike to be a desirable place in which to live and enjoy the benefits of family, friends, and community.  

Invitation Homes – Addison, Texas

Addison, Texas