Sci-Tech Discovery Center – Frisco, Texas
Sci-Tech Discovery Center, Inc. became an organization in 2004 after five years as an initiative of the Junior League of Collin County. Preview exhibits in the summers of 2004 and 2005, and various community and school events from 2006-2009 grew an enthusiastic audience of kids, families, and educators. In 2010 Sci-Tech opened its doors in Frisco with generous support from the City of Frisco Community Development Corporation, many corporate sponsors, foundations, and individuals.
Sci-Tech serves 50,000 visitors on-site and off-site each year, and many participants are kids in targeted outreach programs in underserved areas. Our educators travel to groups around North Texas to deliver TEKS-aligned programs during and after school. Many programs are presented over several weeks, months, or years to build and reinforce skills and confidence and promote STEM pathways for high school and beyond.
Families with children that are visiting Frisco will want to plan a half-day at the Sci-Tech Discovery Center. This is a hands-on immersive activity space for children to learn while also being active.
Exhibits include activities and demonstrations in the Maker Studio; Bubble Tables that showcase the science behind surface friction; the Coordination Station, where kids learn about balance; and the Building Challenges station, where construction happens with super-sized building blocks.
- General Field Trip- Introduction followed by self-guided exploration time
in our exhibit gallery ($7 per student)
- Supplemented Field Trip- General field trip experience and TEKS-aligned Learning Lab
or Wow! Live Science Show ($10- $17 per student)
- All field trips require a minimum group size of 10 students.
- 1 Chaperone is required per 10 students. Adult field trip tickets are $7,
with one adult admission free per 10 students.
You can purchase tickets online or in person at our front desk. Our last admission time is 1 hr prior to closure each day.
If you purchase your ticket online you must still check in at the front desk to receive your wristbands. Please check in using the name used during the purchase.
FREE Daily Discoveries are on weekdays at 11 am & 1 pm at our Maker Studio. These activities change weekly and are free with your admission ticket.
There are always new activities happening at the Sci-Tech Discovery Center, so be sure to check the events calendar before your trip.
Host a Special Event
- Price: $1500(Base rental fee for 3-hour event)
- 30-minute windows for set-up & breakdown, respectively
- Bookings must be made at least one month in advance.
- Availability is subject to change based on scheduled Sci-Tech Events
- The host organization will be liable for additional costs brought on by excessive messes, staying beyond the rental time, abandoned items, or damage to Sci-Tech property